Friday, January 21, 2005

Free Culture by Lessig

Listened to a presentation from OSCON 2002 by Lawrence Lessig about free culture, something recommended by Miguel de Icaza on his blog. I do recommend it as just about everything in it is applicable to copyright discussions on any subject, be it code, publishing, music, etc.

I'm still trying to think through the best way to present my own views on the subject. In the case of code, some would push towards complete openness. Some are completely closed source. Many are a combination of the two. In regard to data, some are open, some are completely restrictive, some are a mix. What is the best way? I tend to think it depends on multiple factors. One day I'll solidify my thoughts on this more and post about it. Until then...watch the presentation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home