Friday, March 17, 2006

Can't...Move...Blog...

Anybody else having trouble having blogger ftp your entire blog to another host? I finally registered www.thecodinghumanist.com. I want to move my blog there. Blogger keeps erroring out every time I try to publish the site to the new server. It always stops somewhere in the process (sometimes as low as 1%; the highest I've gotten is in the 70% range). I find this very annoying.

The new site is up, but incomplete. It will be my tech-geek home. Maybe I can get this to work. I don't want to shell out more cash for sql server hosting so I can setup community server there or something like it...

2 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger Joshua Tallent said...

I like the new site. Just wanted to say that I have my blog set up on my own server and it works perfectly. I also set up my daughter's blog this past week and pointed it at a subdomain on my site, and that worked great, too. If you are still having problems I can tell you what my settings are and hopefully help you out a bit.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Eric Sowell said...

Thanks. I think I've found another solution that I'm going to try. But I'll let you know if I need some help.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home