Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Two Days at MPower

I have finished my first two days of work at MPower Systems. Here are a few signs that make me think that I'll like working there:

1. Free drinks! No, none are alchoholic, but free Coke, Sprite, and bottled water is groovy!
2. The people are very friendly. Nuff' said.
3. The people like to have fun, and it shows at work. That's very nice.
4. There is a super-amazing-powerful Starbucks coffee brewer in the break room. It will take beans, grind them, and create you a single serving of Starbucks in about a minute. So groovy...
5. I'm right next to a window. That's kindof nice.
6. The biggest thing, the company is in the middle of taking 40 days off to do bug fixes. No enhancements...zero. Ideally all bugs would be fixed as discovered. But, this is so much better than what I am used to, an environment in which enhancements are constantly being added, and bugs are constantly piling up, and no-one is doing anything about it. If you're a programmer, you know what I mean, and you know how good this is.
7. We had a testing night last night to test a hotfix. The upper management was there testing with us. How odd...and encouraging.

So, the first two days have been pretty groovy. These are some signs of a good software development company. I'm glad I'm there and I'm looking forward to getting to know the place even better. Hopefully this will continue...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home